This job vacancy is no longer available.
We are a dynamic and innovative company, located in London Docklands, providing predictive technology and AI solutions to the energy sector. Our market is global and we specialise in energy data management and demand forecasting for power and utility multinationals in electricity, gas and renewable generation markets.
We have an immediate vacancy for a software engineer/ developer to join our systems team. You will be involved in writing the code for new modules and the maintenance of legacy code within our product, Nominator. We will provide you with the product training, project framework and sector knowledge. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate so if you are experienced in software development and have the following attributes then apply now:
Skills & Experience:
- BSc in computer science or other related subject
- Programming skills in languages including C#, VB.net., Java, Python, NOSQL and TSQL.
- Database knowledge of Entity framework and SQL Server
- Strong working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of software and systems testing processes
- Experience of performance tuning
- Knowledge of databases Cassandra and Hadoop
- Knowledge of data streaming in Spark and Kafka
- Knowledge of Apache Hadoop Big Data
- Working knowledge of Data Lakes
- Working knowledge of Data Warehouses
- Experience with cloud platforms AWS and Azure
You will need to be good with people, a positive thinker, with confidence and resilience. Our working environment is busy and vibrant with a diverse mix of nationalities and cultures reflecting our global business perspective. You will be a good team player with good communication skills, have an analytical mind and the ability to combine problem solving with creativity. You must have willingness and flexibility to travel both within the UK and internationally, wherever the Company has client interests.
Matrica is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status. Information about our Company and its activities can be found on our website which is www.matrica.co.uk.